Are you struggling with not being able to keep your food warm until they are served? You do not need to worry anymore as the Dutch ovens are easily available in the market. A Dutch oven is a heavy cooking pot designed with a tight lid that helps for braising. Moreover, you can also use Dutch ovens for making excellent soups and stews or to cook for a huge number of people in parties. Further, you can use the Dutch oven irrespective of the intensity of the heat on any kind of stove tops.
A Dutch oven refers to a cooking pot with thick walls and a tight-fitting lid. Dutch ovens are usually constructed with seasoned cast-iron. However, a few modern Dutch ovens are made of cast aluminium or ceramic.
The Dutch ovens are known as casserole dishes in English-speaking countries. Dutch ovens are best suited for dishes requiring a long and slow cooking time. Dishes like roasts, stews, and casseroles are best suited for making in a Dutch oven. Any recipe can be cooked in a Dutch oven. You can also take the ovens to cook food in a campfire. It can also be used as a baking oven to prepare biscuits, cakes, slices of bread, pizzas, and even pies. You can go through the article to have a brief idea on the 12 Best Dutch ovens.
- 1 Know The 12 Best Dutch Ovens
- 1.1 1. Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Enamelled Cast Iron 7-Quart Round Covered Casserole
- 1.2 2. Lodge EC6D43 Enamelled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 1.3 3. Bruntmor, Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Casserole
- 1.4 4. Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 1.5 5. Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven
- 1.6 6. Crock Pot 69145.02 Artisan 7 Quart Enamelled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven
- 1.7 7. Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
- 1.8 8. Utopia Kitchen Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 1.9 9. Le Creuset Signature Enamelled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven
- 1.10 10. Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron 6.5 Qt Covered Round Dutch Oven
- 1.11 11. Amazon Basics Enamelled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 1.12 12. Staub Cast Iron 6-qt Shallow Wide Round Cocotte
Know The 12 Best Dutch Ovens
If you are thinking of purchasing a Dutch oven but is confused due to their excellent features, go through the reviews of the best 10 Dutch ovens that are easily available in the market. The Dutch ovens mentioned below are budget friendly as well.
1. Cuisinart CI670-30CR Chef’s Classic Enamelled Cast Iron 7-Quart Round Covered Casserole
The porcelain enamel exterior of the Cuisinart oven makes the cooking pot more strong and durable than all the other Dutch ovens that are available in the market. The rich colours of the oven complements with any kitchen decor supplementing the appearance and giving a pleasant look. The interior of the oven is also designed with porcelain which serves perfect for cooking and serving. Moreover, the surfaces absorb odours and do not impact flavors. It is known to be the best-cast iron dutch oven in the market.
Excellent Product Specifications
- The Cuisinart Dutch oven has an extreme versatility induction stove top.
- The oven is also independent of the broiler.
- The oven comes with an excellent features of having a dishwasher safe convenient maintenance which helps the users for easy cleanup of the Dutch oven without using their hands.
- This dutch oven has a cast iron contraction which helps to retain the heat well and keep the foods warm till they are served.
- The wide cast iron handles of the pot provide a comfortable and secure grip and can be carried.
- Exceptional heat retention and also offers even heat distribution.
2. Lodge EC6D43 Enamelled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
The Lodge EC6D43 enamelled cast iron Dutch oven is one of the best manufacturers in the market. The 6-quart Dutch oven is designed with Cast Iron. Now, coming to both the interior and the exterior of the Lodge oven. It is made with a chip which is resistant to porcelain enamel. This makes the oven more durable and firm to put a scratch or a crack.
Moreover, you can also use the oven for roasting and to heat up food. The oven can intake heat up to 500° Fahrenheit without even heating the knobs that the oven has on both the sides. The Dutch oven is durable and the design along with the texture of the oven stand apart from the rest in the market. Furthermore, the rim or the edge of the oven and the opener is made with black matte enamel while the inside of the container is coloured off-white. Due to the two colour combination, the pot portrays a premium vibe making it attractive and classy.
Salient Features Of The Oven
- The Lodge Dutch Oven comes with an enamelled cast iron classic that’s great for preparing and serving memorable meals.
- Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- The oven measures: 13.56-inches in the length 10.98-inches in width and 4.68-inches in the height.
- The pot can intake heat up to 500° F without heating the knobs.
- The excellent colour play of the oven displays a premium vibe as the colours are bright.
3. Bruntmor, Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Casserole
The Dutch oven is enamelled with solid cast-iron giving a superior and even heat retention. The oven provides vibrant porcelain-enamel exterior offers contemporary styling and also a stylish look. The interior of the oven is PFOA and PTFE-free with porcelain enamel cooking surface. The enamelled fire red exterior and cream coloured interior will complement any kitchen decor, easy to clean and maintain its great looks.
- The self-basting condensation ridges on the lid uniformly collect and directs vapours onto food, producing moist and savoury dishes.
- Secure fitted lid with stainless steel knob helps keep heat in.
- Hand wash with gentle soap and sponge to clean, and dry thoroughly; rub inside lid top with oil occasionally to keep cast iron nice.
- 6.5 quart Large Loop Handles.
4. Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven
The Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven has a 5 quarts holding capacity and is quite different from the products mentioned above. This oven does not have a polished finish as it is not designed with any ceramic enamel. The cast iron pot helps you to deep fry food and the enamel pots usually fail to withstand high heat for a long period of time due to its texture.
As this Dutch oven does not have any enamel covering, you can deep fry your food easily and is best for rough cooking. Due to the durability, you can use these ovens even in a harsh environment like camping. On the other hand, these ovens can also be used on any type of stove. The oven is designed with loop handles which aid in carrying the oven.
Highlighted Features To Keep In Mind
- The Dutch oven measures 12.563-inches in length, 10.438 -inches in width, and 6-inches in the height with the lid, while 12.563-inches in length x 10.375-inches in the width x 4.563-inches in the height when you are not using the lid.
- The oven comes with a dome-shaped lid which helps to preserve moisture and keeps the food hot.
- The oven comes pre-seasoned, and therefore, it is ready for immediate use the moment you purchase it.
- The Dutch oven has rugged cast-iron construction which helps the heat to flow slowly and evenly.
- Five-Quart Dutch oven with cast-iron lid ideal for slow-cooking foods.
5. Lodge L8DD3 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven
The Lodge L8DD3 Dutch oven rolls up with a knob on the lid because you can use it as a skillet. The oven is of 5-quarts size and lowers down when during cooking. The lid is designed to block the moisture or the flavor from leaving the pot. The oven is domed shape providing enough space to cook meat easily. The Lodge cast iron dutch pots are seasoned before, hence, you do not have to worry much about preparing your pot soon after buying it.
Key Attributes Making The Oven Unique
- The lid of the oven can often be used as a skillet.
- As the lid is dome shaped it provides additional space for cooking.
- The pot supplies even distribution of heat thereby cooking the food well.
- The oven is five-quart in size.
6. Crock Pot 69145.02 Artisan 7 Quart Enamelled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven
The original slow cooker distributes and retains heat evenly and has generously sized handles providing a sturdy grip. The oven also provides self-basting lids which help to create a continuous basting environment. The Cast Iron is designed with a non-stick surface and you can use this oven in any heat like on gas, electric, ceramic and induction cook tops. The ovens are sturdy and movable and are easy to clean. The pot also comes in different vibrant colours which provides them a classy look.
- You can bake or broil in any convection oven or convection oven upon using the Crock pot Dutch oven.
- The oven is designed with stainless knobs.
- The cookware is oven safe up to 500° F and has immense heat resisting power.
- Easy clean and rust free, hand washes recommended.
7. Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
The Lodge seasoned cast iron deep camp Dutch oven is an eight quarts big black Dutch oven designed with legs at the bottom. Therefore, you can place it on the firewood or charcoal. Moreover, the lid of the oven can also be flanged to add coal if you require it.
Due to its huge capacity, you can use the oven to cook foods in parties. On the other hand, you can also use the bail handle of the oven with a tripod for stable cooking. You can also use the lid as a griddle. Like other Lodge Dutch ovens, it too comes pre-seasoned so that you do not have to struggle to set it after buying it.
- The oven has a huge capacity of eight quarts making it ideal for use in parties too cool food for many guests.
- Due to the extreme size of the oven, you can cook large items like chicken.
- You can also use it on firewood and also makes it suitable for camping as the oven is manufactured with 4 stands.
- You can also heat up your food not only using the button of the stove but also from the top by adding coal. The lid of the oven is flanged which helps you to provide this feature.
- The Dutch oven comes pre-seasoned and also measures 12.62-inches in length x 10.38-inches in width x 6.3-inches in height while you are using the lid.
8. Utopia Kitchen Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven
The Utopia kitchen’s oven itself says that the oven comes pre-seasoned. The Utopia Kitchen Dutch oven comes with full cast iron and which is already seasoned hence, you do not need to struggle to get the pot ready and then use. The five-quart oven comes with a dual handle on both the sides along with a holder in the lid for easy usage.
The oven is durable and is best suited for slow cooking, frying, etc. The oven also provides an additional feature of increasing the iron content by 20% on the food that you are cooking. Furthermore, you can also use the Dutch oven on the stove or oven and has the capacity to intake heat up to 500 Fahrenheit.
- The oven is more durable when you are comparing it with other ovens that are available in the market.
- This oven can only resist temperatures up to 500° F.
- The outer diameter of the oven reads 25.60-cm, height 4.5-cm, and a thickness of 0.60-cm.
- The oven rolls up with handles on both sides and also with the lids that help you and secures easy transport and steam protection.
- The oven allows enamelled cast iron pans to cool down the pot completely before washing them in hot soapy water with a sponge or by using a regular dish washing liquid soap.
9. Le Creuset Signature Enamelled Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Round French (Dutch) Oven
The 5.5-quart Le Creuset Signature Dutch oven not only got amazing looks but also cooks magnificently when considering other Dutch ovens. Another exceptional feature of this dutch oven is that it can protect your food from burning. The interior of the oven has a sand-coloured enamel. It has a strong grip and is durable. The oven has space and can be used at any time of stove or oven. It is also dishwasher safe, therefore providing you with a natural process to clean the oven.
- 45% larger handles that provide a sure grip, even with oven mitts.
- The superior heat distribution and retention of Le Creuset enamelled cast iron.
- An advanced sand-coloured interior enamel with even more resistance to wear.
- A larger composite knob that withstands temperatures up to 500° F.
- The oven is colourful and has a long-lasting exterior coating. The coating resists from chipping and cracking of the oven.
- This oven too has a dome-shaped lid which helps to lock the flavor of the cooked food inside due to the continuous circulation of heat and moisture.
10. Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron 6.5 Qt Covered Round Dutch Oven
The 6.5-quart Dutch oven has porcelain enamel in the interior. Therefore, it cooks the food well and also keeps them warm until served. It is designed with two handles on both the sides that make the oven easy to cook and also to carry to other places. You can also use this stove for baking, grilling and for slow cooking as well.
Further, you can use this oven in any type of heat or on any stove. The coating inside the Tramontina Dutch oven enamelled cast iron is PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid) and PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) hence, does not contaminate the foods cooked. You can use the oven up to 450° Fahrenheit and it is not dishwasher safe. The oven provides super heat retention and distribution which help to cook the food evenly.
- The Dutch oven comes with porcelain enamel and keeps your food hot and warm.
- The knob of the Dutch oven which is made of stainless steel is useful. This is because it the durability of the lid is increased.
- Furthermore, it prevents your food from getting contaminated by toxic substances. So you can cook your food freely.
- The interior coating of the oven is PFOA and PTFE free.
11. Amazon Basics Enamelled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
When talking about ovens, you cannot miss the Amazon basics enamelled cast iron Dutch oven. The six-quart Amazon basics Dutch oven comes only in two different colours; red and blue. The oven has enamel which gives a sleek and a shiny look to the oven.
You can also use the oven to marinate, cook slowly or you can also use it to store food. It can only be used up to 400° Fahrenheit and can be used on any heat surfaces. Despite such functionalities, this oven does not come as a dishwasher safe. Hence, to clean the oven, you need to use your own hands.
- The six-quart enamelled cast-iron Dutch oven can be used for baking, braising, roasting, and more made of heavy-duty cast iron for thorough, even heating and optimal cooking performance.
- The interior of the oven is enamel finish which does not react with your food.
- You can use the pot to marinate, cook, and store foods safely.
- Oven-safe to 400° F and is suitable for all cooking surfaces.
- You can only hand wash your oven as it is not dishwasher safe.
- The oven has two loop side handles on both the sides for easy transport of the oven.
12. Staub Cast Iron 6-qt Shallow Wide Round Cocotte
The Staub Cast Iron Dutch oven comes up with a classy design. It is popularly known as cocotte and is made up of 6 vibrant colours. The oven can resist heat and intakes heat up to 900° Fahrenheit without a lid and up to 500° with a lid. The speciality of the oven is that you can use it as an induction, grill, etc. Do not worry about getting a crack on the oven as it is durable.
- The oven has a coating of Majolica which gives a distinctive look to the oven.
- You can get this oven in six different colours.
- The oven can take heat up to 900 Fahrenheit without a lid. With using a lid the oven can only take heat up to 500° F.
- Dark blue enamelled cast iron.
- Extremely durable and highly chip resistant.
- Retains and distributes heat evenly.
- Spiked lid creates the self-basting effect.
- Compatible with all types of heating surfaces.
- It comes up with a size of 6-quarts.
So, hopefully, now you can easily decide which Dutch oven you want in your kitchen. Make cooking fun.
With an incredible passion for cooking, she completely understands the value of kitchen appliances for every chef and home cook. She has mastered all styles of cooking solely through her unique talents and learning aptitude. And through her journey, she has also become skilled at using different appliances to perfection. And she thanks the stars for giving her this passion for cooking that makes her happy along with those around her.